As a leading IT consulting provider in Georgia, we see firsthand the importance of staying up-to-date on the latest cybersecurity and compliance trends. Here are some of the top trends that CIOs should be aware of in 2023:
- The rise of ransomware: Ransomware is a type of malware that encrypts a victim’s data and demands a ransom payment in exchange for decryption. Ransomware attacks are becoming increasingly sophisticated, and they can be very costly for businesses.
- The increasing use of cloud computing: Cloud computing is becoming increasingly popular, as it offers businesses a number of benefits, such as scalability and cost-effectiveness. However, cloud computing also introduces new security risks.
- The growth of IoT devices: The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical devices that are connected to the internet. IoT devices are becoming increasingly common, and they can pose a security risk if they are not properly secured.
- The increasing use of artificial intelligence (AI) in cybersecurity: AI is being used to automate security tasks and to detect and respond to threats more quickly. However, AI can also be used by cybercriminals to develop more sophisticated attacks.
- The need for stronger cybersecurity compliance: Governments and regulators are increasingly imposing stricter cybersecurity compliance requirements on businesses. Businesses need to make sure that they are compliant with these requirements in order to protect themselves from penalties and reputational damage.
The Importance of Being Local
In addition to staying up-to-date on the latest trends, CIOs should also work with a local IT consulting provider to help them implement and maintain effective cybersecurity and compliance measures. A local IT consulting provider can understand the specific risks and challenges that businesses in your area face. They can also provide you with faster and more responsive support in the event of a security incident.
Southeast Regional Technology Group
Southeast Regional Technology Group (SERTG) is a leading IT consulting provider in Georgia. We have over 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes improve their cybersecurity and compliance posture. We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Security assessments
- Penetration testing
- Incident response planning
- Disaster recovery planning
- IT security training
If you are looking for help with cybersecurity or compliance, please contact Southeast Regional Technology Group today. We can help you assess your risks, develop a plan to mitigate those risks, and implement and maintain effective security measures.
Contact us today at (706) 230-5208 or fill out the form on our website at https://sertg.com/contact/ to learn more about how we can help you improve your cybersecurity or compliance posture.